Monday, April 30, 2012

Things I see on my running journeys: TC10K


New definition of a runners' high. From afar I thought it was a runner dressed as a palm tree but it looks like a few marijuana activists ran the TC10K too!

This weekend I ran the Times Colonist 10K in Victoria. What a great excuse for a nice weekend get-away! It was a great run. The race starts and finishes at the BC Parliament Buildings. What a grand way to start and end a race!

The last half was my favourite part of the race. It's a gradual climb from the 5km mark to around the 7km mark. This is where the crowds finally thinned out a little and I was able to pass a lot of people. I had spent the first 5km running into walls of walkers, people suddenly stopping and runners that run a much slower pace (but this is a fun run so it's a little annoying but expected) This portion of the course is also is along the seaside and passes Beacon Hill Park - so pretty!

Right around Oswego Street I heard music playing - Calvin Harris' "Feel So Close" and that made me feel so good because, Yes! I was so close! So close to finishing! Yaaaay! (I was so close to stopping and doing a little dancing right there!) But Andrew was waiting for me and I always feel a bit guilty that he's the one that wakes up early with me and waits for me at races (it's hard work being the support) so I just had to kick it a bit harder and get to him faster and finish! He met me at the finish with water, a fruit salad and coffee in his hands for me. What a great guy! I was so thankful for this as I couldn't even get anywhere close to the food and beverage tents at the finish. I finished at 55:07 with lots of energy to spare.

PointTimeTime of DayPace
START00:00:008:06:25 am--
5K00:28:008:34:25 am05:36
8K00:44:278:50:52 am05:29
FINISH00:55:079:01:32 am05:21


Avg. Pace05:31


No comments:

Post a Comment